Sunday, April 28, 2013

Oakshire, part II

Do you really need the caption??
Seeking cold beer, we found the Oakshire brewery in Eugene. Google Maps took us right there. What google maps didn't tell us was that the brewery is just for touring and tasting. At this particular moment I needed food.  

Taking a brief tour, the bartender was quite kind and tells us that Oakshire just opened a Public house a mere two miles away and then gives us both a coupon worth $5 bucks. 

The public house had only been open three days. It's a new building, made to look industrial with cement floors and cool wood tables for a comfortable atmosphere.  We are told we can bring food in or have it ordered and deliver or we can buy a hot dog from the vendor on the patio.  We opt for the hot dog and found two empty stools at the long bar. 

The hot dog with a taster beer, much smaller than 8 ozs
The pints are, well...pint size which is almost double size of a 8 ounce plastic cup. The beer is cold. I had a smokey flavored dark beer, my husband a spring ale that is light and almost hop free. I really wanted to try the unhappy gnome but at almost 9 percent alcohol I had the desire to stay awake for rest of the day. I declined. 

A few moments later, I wore a beer on my back. The guy next to me spills an entire pint of beer down my back. Okay, I didn't wear the entire pint, my husband shared some of that joy with me. I was hoping he would offer an apology by the way of buying my beer. He didn't. He must of been a broke college kid.

No, this glass did not fall into my purse
After our pints, we purchased two glasses. At this point if I wanted a glass they would just fall in my purse and I'd walk out; however the glasses I wanted weren't the ones we were drinking out of. 

Our total bill $4.00. That was for 2 pints and 2 glasses. This is why I love coupons. 

As for Oakshire, yes we will go back. Next time, I will order pizza delivery.

Prost!


No comments:

Post a Comment