Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My App Misses Me

My Run Keeper application sent me a message stating it missed me.



Yes, an application on my cell phone misses me and it’s only been three days since I’ve last used it. (And I had a pretty awesome run with a record breaking pace I might add.)

I opened my Run Keeper, looked at all my past run activities and made big plans with the app to use it again tomorrow. Feeling needed, I looked at my other apps.



I haven’t played Angry Birds in almost six months. Angry Birds hasn’t sent me a message. Those poor birds are not out killing pigs.



And with a name like Babbel, the language learning app you’d think it would be screaming OPEN ME OPEN ME or rather it should be screaming öffnen Sie mich. I’m going to Germany soon and you’d think I’d be practicing daily but it’s been months.

When is the last time I looked at the night sky and identified stars using Google Sky Map? The safe answer would be never. Surprised that app hasn’t deleted itself.

I’m sure my life would be better off if some apps did delete themselves due to excessive usage like Facebook or the super colossal waste of time; Pinterest (unless of course you like looking at food you’ll never make.)



I scrolled through my phone and wondered why I have Today in History, Coupons or Ice Cream Jump. Amazon could be helpful if I actually opened it much like the app Play Books. I must admit, I have never played with a book, I’m known for the wild and crazy behavior of actually reading a book.


Our lives are being intertwined with modern technology that exists in the palm of hands. Soon, we’ll be wearing watches that does all this or on our eyeglasses. (And you throught Star Trek was futuristic.)



Now that I’ve depressed myself, I need to find the Brewski app. Better yet, I should take off my sweat pants, get dressed and find my local craft brewery and have an actual beer in the physical world and talk to live people.



Prost.



No comments:

Post a Comment