Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beer Only Diet


At Munich Oktoberfest. Another hero of mine.



"Just cut out carbs" is what my doctor told me when I sought out diet advise.
He might of just taken away to will to live at-that-moment.

A couple of years ago I read this blog about a guy who gave up all food for lent and only drank beer. Lent that year was particularily long at 46 days. Before he started his beer-only diet, he went to the doctor make sure he was healthy enough for such a diet.  Fourty-six days later, he was twenty-six pounds lighter and rose to the top of my one of my most-favorite-people list by breaking his beer only diet by drinking a bacon milk shake. Oh yes, my kind of person indeed. 

After admiring such a feat and fantasing about a beer only diet, I was ready to embark on such an adventure when I recieved a layoff notice at work. What excellent timing to shed a few pounds.

But as fate would have it; I gained employed the day-after I was laid off. I chucked the beer-only diet since now I'm a government employee. I didn't think the agency wanted the such press that an employee is allow is drink beer at work. (Another great fantasy) 

So back to present day when I have to shed weight the old fashioned way; eating.  Carb-less eating with one exception; beer.



Prost!




Here's an article from CNN about this Beer-only-diet-guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment